Is it safe to consume alcohol when taking Amlodipine and Atenol for BP?

Posted on Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I'm having Hypertension and doctor suggested to use Amlodipine 5mg + Atenolol 50mg tab half a day after meals for 20 days. During this medication, is it good if we consume alcohol on moderate level?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic It is never wise or safe to take alcohol - it is not good at all, even for a normal person Irrespective of the medication, it is harmful, by itself It has several ill effects on several systems, including the heart (muscles, nerves and so on) The addicting potential too is high There is no scientifically approved indication to prescribe alcohol... There are many to proscribe (ban) its use Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist