question-icon

Is it safe to Lexapro when suffering from HHT?

Posted on Sat, 29 Mar 2014
Question: I am being treated for anxiety with Lexapro. I also have a mid form of HHT. Is it safe to continue Lexapro? Would appreciate your opinion. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer: hi and welcome to hcm Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. There is no known direct effect of lexapro or similar drugs on blood vessels function so it is not contraindicated in hht. There are no some specific studies about this, but there are also no reported side effects of lexapro in this type of disease if taken in recommended dosage so you can continue with it. wish you good health.regards
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (2 hours later)
Thank you for your reply....gives me confidence. If I have a nosebleed could taking Lexapro prolong the bleeding? mos
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (7 hours later)
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: There are evidence that lexapro could cause minor bleedings such as epistaxis or petechie but this is seen if you take it together with anticoagulants, aspirine or NSAIDs. So before taking these drugs,you should consult your doctor.
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon