Is it preferable for Bursa sac to heal before going for any remedial surgery in TKR?
Let bursa sac heal first.
Thanks for posting your query.
After a ruptured bursa sac, it is better to take rest and let the bursa heal before going for the remedial surgery.
You can avoid non-essential walking and this ruptured bursa is likely to heal with rest in the next 2-3 weeks.
After that, the surgery can be planned as it will reduce the chances of further infection and inflammation of the bursa.
Wishing you good health.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?