Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it possible to pass a long worm from urine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
We found a worm in the toilet this morning, about 6inches long. My daughter had only urinated beforehand. Do you have any ideas what it could be?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
It is unlikely that a person passes 6 inches long worm from urine.
Most likely somebody else passed the worm in his/ or her stool earlier.
The most likely chance of such a big worm looks to be either roundworm or a tapeworm. While roundworm is round, the tapeworm is a flat structure.
I would recommend you to get the stool of your daughter tested and then get the treatment given according to the type of worm.
You can even get the worm tested itself if you could collect it.
It is nothing serious but warrants that your entire family should be DEWORMED.
Generally, ALBENDAZOLE OR MEBENDAZOLE is prescribed for the worm infestation although other medications are also available.
I hope it helps however; you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor