Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to lighten minor labia using hydrogen peroxide or some other chemical?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to light up the color or minor labia, using hydrogen peroxide or some other chemical. My vulva is fairly white but the outer part of my minor labia is dark and i dont like it. It is also longer that i would like can i do something about it?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: You cannot use hydrogen perixide or any chemical. Detailed Answer: Hi Mspeachys, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You cannot use hydrogen peroxide or any other chemicals to lighten up the color, if you use it may even worsen the situation and make the labia more darker and thicker. The change in texture of labia could be due to any chronic irritation or itching in the vulval region or previous use of some chemicals or just some hormonal change. What I advise you is avoiding all the irritants. Secondly the change in color is absolutely normal unless you have symptoms like chronic itching or vaginal discharge. I presume you don't have any of these symptoms. The labia minora in some women protrude below the labia majora, and they are not always of equal size. Even that is also normal thing. Learning to love your body in its natural form seems challenging , but will ultimately bring about the most personal satisfaction. If you are still concerned then you can go for VAGINOPLASTY operation, this is surgical reduction of labia minora. And for changing the color you might need LASER treatment by a good cosmetologist. But I still advise you to accept it as a normal thing and be happy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor