Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to increase height at 25 years of age?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hi ;
plzzz.... help me..
i m in ruins..
it may seem just like a normal, boring second case,
but my love, my job,my happiness is at stake.
i m 25. 170 cms (not too small i know)but need at least 3 cms for my career prospects(i m in defence)
plzzzzz. i suggest smthing do somthing
i m very depressed.
please dont disappoint me with NO.. i m ready put on my all capacity t achieve it
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 59 minutes later
Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.If you want to increase your height by 3 cm its almost impossible at this point.At 25,all your long bones have fused. Once that happens bone growth and elongation stops. You can definitely try physical activities and stretching exercises which will relax you muscles,but an active increase in height may not be possible.There arent any medical/natural therapies for this.There are several alternative medicines in the market that claim to increase height. But i cant comment on that. Hormone injections and limb lengthening operations are not an option.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor