Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to increase height at 22 years of age?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
hey doc,
i am 22 years old and have 5" heigt... iwant to increase may be 2 inches that possible... i have appendicitis operation nearly 6 years ago.... i am too fat also weghing 75kgs..
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
It is very challenging task to increase the height at 22 years of age with overweight. You need proper dedication and strict to your daily activities as per the advise. Your first aim is to reduce your weight and than afterword’s you can plan for your height. It is possible to increase the height up to the age of 25 till the process of ossification is completed. Certain steps that can help you in increasing your height are:
1. Stretching exercises: This helps in stimulating the growth hormones, which is, necessary for the growth of a human body. More concentration should be given to the spine and legs. Do yoga exercises especially meant for stretching. Follow books or watch videos in YouTube to learn more about it. This should be done in a daily basis. Do this in early morning and again before you go to sleep.
2. Food habits: Calcium is one of the most important minerals for your body, needs for proper growth. And the best source: Milk!
3. Eat healthy food. Fruits, energy drink, less protein contained food should be in your diet list. Completely avoid eating junk food.
4. You should go for swimming in daily basis. This is the best sport which can make your body athletic and grow your height as well.
5. You can try hanging exercise. This needs to be done only 2 days a week.
6. You can try out height growing drinks but consult your doctor before taking these types drinks.
7. Visit a nutrition expert who will chart out your diet, and give you other tips.
8. Most importantly, as I have explained earlier you have to lose weight first.

Hope this will help you. Write back if you have any further query.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor