question-icon

Is it possible to have your jaw reset. I think

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019
Question: Is it possible to have your jaw reset. I think my jaw was. Not set back in the same position after I had a wisdko You do tooth pulled?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes its possible to treat a disclocated joint

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in.

If you think your jaw is dislocated then it’s possible to relocate it. I want to ask you are you having difficulty in opening the mouth too wide or have difficulty in protruding your mouth. Usually any joint dislocation heals with in 6 months without any treatment. If its extensive then you might need to see an oral surgeon and he can do surgery. Warm fomentation may help in rapid healing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist