Is it possible to have restless leg syndrome during the day?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: I was told today that it isn't possible to have true Restless Leg during the day. That if it was during the day it was something else. When I tried to ask what that something else might be, I was cut off. This really has me concerned. My Restless Leg always has bothered me during the day. I am having multiple medical problems right now and this has me wondering if this RLS thing might have something to do with it.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I would agree with you that symptoms occur during the day as well as the nights. It is very uncommon for RLS symptoms to occur only during the nights.

Symptoms are mainly aching, pain, urge to move the legs, etc. Symptoms tend to get worse when relaxing such as watching TV, reading, trying to lay down on bed, etc.

I agree you have multiple medical problems, however, the restless legs or your symptoms are most likely unrelated to them.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist