Is it possible to have a surgery done in case of low blood pressure?
Also about 3 years ago he did proctocolectomy. After heart surgery next day of his surgery his kidney failure and right away they start dialysis on him. Sience 3-4 days ago his liver issue and he has liver failure need liver transplant. They contact USC & ceider cina Hospital. In a day ceider cina accept him but 1hr before transfer to the hospital they call and cancel the transfer and put in pending. because is blood pressure is low around 100/ 40 to 35 . They said is to low for surgery
. I want to see do we have any other options. Know they want to try to Tuesday and see the can bring blood pressure up. Does anyone do the surgery if his blood pressure didn't go up. Please direct me. Thank you Hia Ammonia is 54, he has cirrhosis of the liver, blood pressure without medication is 88/40 or 77/30? Thank you XXXXXXX
Unlikely for the surgery to go through
Thanks for your query.
I am sorry to know about your brother. This is indeed a difficult scenario. I don't think the liver transplant is possible with this current blood pressure.
I know that even without the transplant he is not likely to improve. But without the BP rising a bit the transplant will be impossible. We just need to hope that somehow it improves a bit and sustains at that level.
Hope this helps. I will be available for further follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rbbb and low blood pressure
- Lemon and low blood pressure
- Synthroid and low blood pressure
- Low hemoglobin low blood pressure after surgery
- Low blood pressure and indigestion
- Hysterectomy low blood pressure
- Low blood pressure high pulse after surgery
- Low blood pressure belching
- Low blood pressure with menstrual
- Does low blood pressure case lung nodules
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?