Is it possible to get pregnant without having sex and if artificial insemination is done?

Dr. Rishma Lakhani

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: can a girl get pregnant without having sex artificially inseminated
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 32 minutes later

Yes, it is possible for a girl to get pregnant without having sex, if artificial insemination is done. But, a lot of factors play a role for becoming pregnant like:

- The time of cycle when the artificial insemination is done, higher chances if the insemination is done around the time of ovulation.
- The hormone levels of the female when insemination is done.
- The thickness of the lining of uterus at the time of insemination.
- The semen report with which the insemination is done....etc.

So, when all these factors are in correct harmony then there are chances of a successful pregnancy with artificial insemination.

Any further queries if you have regarding this you can ask up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan