Is it possible to get pregnant by having unprotected sex during periods?
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I read carefully your query.
It is very unlikely to ovulate during your period but it is not impossible.This can happen if you have irregular periods or a shorter menstrual cycle.
Usually the ovulation happens 1 week after the period or 3-4 days after a period in women with a shorter menstrual cycle.
But ,as I said it is unlikely but not impossible,so If the ovulation happened during the period and you had unprotected intercourse in that time, pregnancy is possible.
An egg can live for 24 hours after ovulation and the sperm can live 3- 5 day in the female reproductive tract.So if you have had intercourse in the interval of 6 days (5 days before ovulation and 1 day after ovulation) there are chances of pregnancy.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you need further help.
You need to wait until next month and see if you will get your period on time.
The result of a home pregnancy test won't be accurate until at least 1 week after the date when your periods were supposed to come.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Missed period had unprotected sex during safe period pregnancy possibility
- Had periods after abortion had unprotected sex delayed periods pregnant
- Unprotected sex period late pregnant
- Delayed periods periods came last month after unprotected sex pregnant
- Unprotected sex delayed periods pregnant
- Had unprotected sex bleedin during intercourse stress delayed period pregnant
- Can i get pregnant by unprotected sex during periods
- Delayed period had unprotected sex possible to get pregnant
- Does unprotected sex during periods make me pregnant
- Sex during periods pregnant