Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to get male child by IUI?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12686 Questions
i need male baby is it possible by iui . and can you suggest me some scan center in chennai (india - tamilnadu) where they will tell the gender. i am ready to spend what ever it costs
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The chance to conceive baby boy is entirely natural and no one can decide the sex of the baby. The sex of the baby depends on the chromosome fertilized whether X or Y and that cannot be controlled by anyone as it depends on which one sperm swims and fertilizes fast so it entirely depends on the sperm.

Now coming to artificial methods like IUI - In that also only the sperms are placed in the womb but that also is a chance which one is fertilized as by just seeing it cannot be calculated which one is X or Y.
Under the PCPNDT Act, it is illegal in India to identify the sex of the baby and to convey it to anyone. I do not think any scan center would violate the rules.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor