Is it possible to detect the progression stage of lung cancer through a chest CT scan report?
A stage 4 disease and awaiting PET CT scan results for re-confirmation.
Thanks for writing in to us.
If there is mention of potential skeletal metastasis then it means that there is a possibility of cancer spread to the bones.
In a case of a lung cancer which might have spread to the bones, the staging becomes stage 4.
Confirming the bone spread is most important and we need to wait for the PET CT scan results. The PET CT scan will also tell us if there are any other areas of spread.
Keeping in mind the potential skeletal metastasis, I would give the lung cancer a stage 4 disease and awaiting PET CT scan results for re confirmation.
Dr. Vivek Chail, Radiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...