Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Is it possible that blood trace hematuria be the initial stage for diabetes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Is it possible that blood trace H (hematuria) be the initial stage for diabetes. I was 25 when the initial trace was found and now I'm 48 with diabetes. My first doctor visit to be diagnosed I believe was at the age of 28 or 29. I'm trying to link this to my diabetes after knee surgery before I was medical discharged from the military which they have denied the claim.
Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 6 hours later

Haematuria is NOT 'the initial stage for diabetes'. And that too, before two decades can never be. It can occur several years AFTER diabetes due to complications.
Diabetes is mostly from inherited base - influenced by environmental factors. It could rarely be acquired also - example pancreatitis, injury etc.
Forget the past / concentrate on the present - its control / plan for the future - postponing, preventing complications...

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Take care
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor