Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Is it possible for someone to develop soft tissue sarcoma during teenage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Is it possible for someone to develop soft tissue Sarcoma as a young teenager and remain essentially asymptomatic for a number of years (pattern of sever pain once or twice a year) before developing more sever symptoms?
Brief history: possible Dixon exposure in the mid 60's -1971 first episode of sever pain anterior R scapula, high wbc count lasting about a week to 10 days. develop a pattern of these episodes once or twice a year until the late eighties, when two Hypobaric Decompression Sickness hits 1. type one (bends pain) only, 2. type one and possible type four (neurological involvement) change the pattern to a chronic pain condition since then I also have pain in other areas as well as lumps in both L &R trapezius and L Teres Major. Pain in the lower abdomen just above the groin on both L and R sides (not bladder or Prostrate related) and in the past couple of weeks a new spot just below the rib cage (Possible liver or gald bladder maybe muscular)
I have other medical issues that are also associated with Dixon.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

No, it is not possible for a cancer like soft tissue sarcoma to start during teenage and remain asymptomatic for years.

Since the half life of elimination of Dixon is around 8 to 10 years, the Dixon you wee exposed years back could still persists in you body and be the cause of soft tissue sarcomas.

You may have to get the tender point in you body examined for a better understanding of the same.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor