Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Is it possible for me to still get pregnant? Have PCOD. Is the baby at risk?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12668 Questions
psod I have psod is it still possible for me to get pregnant? what r my chances. because I think I am now. & is the baby at any risk if I am?

Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.
The chances of normal ovulation is less from a polycystic ovary. But after adequate treatment a successful ovulation and normal pregnancies have been seen even in bilateral polycystic ovaries.
Kindly consider visiting a Gynaecologist for detailed evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon. Once you conceive, it is not likely to affect your baby.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is it possible for me to still get pregnant? Have PCOD. Is the baby at risk? 29 hours later
I have all the symptoms of pregnancy but a negative test what wrong with me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If your periods are overdue by more than 5 days and your urine for pregnancy test is negative then chances of pregnancy are rare. You can confirm the same by doing a serum beta HCG evaluation.
The symptoms you are having can be due to hormonal changes due to polycystic ovaries. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper hormonal treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor