Is it possible for a child to get a ring worm infection?
No complaints, no itching.
it looks a lot like ringworm
although watching a photo is not the most accurate way to diagnose skin disorders, it does look a lot like ringworm infection. A dermatologist can confirm it by examining skin scrapings with potassium hydroxide. Sometimes the picture leaves no doubt to the dermatologist.
If the diagnosis of Tinea is confirmed then local treatment with azoles would probably be prescribed to your child. You should contact either a dermatologist or a paediatrician to get more information. Miconazole (local) can be given to children above the age of 2.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for ring worm infection
- Ring worm infection
- How to overcome ring worm infection
- Ring worm like infection around anus
- Possibility of a worm infection suggest medication
- What is the alternative treatment for stubborn ring worm infection
- What is the cure for ring worm infection
- Ring worm infect urinary tract
- Ring worm and staph infection
- Eye infection related to ring worm