Is it normal to have valve regurgitation?

Cardiologist
Question
I had valve replacements two years ago.
AORTIC VALVE
MITRAL VALVE
TRICUSPID VALVE REPAIRED
PACE MAKER INSTALLED
I am overweight, but exercise Weights with a little jogging.
I 'huff and puff' walking up stairs.

I had a NUCLEAR STRESS EKG. and was told my Valves leak a bit. I am wondering why they would 'leak a bit' after having them replaced two years ago.
thank you
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that prosthetic valves usually have mild degree of leakage (valve regurgitation in locations depending on valve model) and this is considered normal for them.

So, just relax and don't worry about.

Even the repaired native tricuspid valve where the pacemaker lead passes through, is expected to have mild degree of leakage.

Coming to this point, I recommend performing periodic medical followups especially by means of cardiac ultrasound to investigate the ongoing functionality of heart valves and the overall cardiac performance.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Wishing you goo health and a very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri