Is it normal to have vaginal swelling after colonoscopy?

Dr. Divakara

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi, i had my first colonoscopy yesterday and my vagina has been sore all day. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Divakara 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

That's pretty much normal and this shall subside in 48 hours. There is no need to do anything. You can keep ice packs over your Vagina and if you can get a prescription for Xylocaine jelly then you can apply the jelly over and inside your vagina.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 40 minutes later
Why would it be normal? Those are two different areas and thx!
Answered by Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Different areas but in close proximity.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Yes those are two different areas but while passing colonoscopy tube it presses the vaginal region as it is in close proximity to anal canal.

Hence you may feel soreness in the vagina.

Nothing abnormal.

Regards.