Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Is it normal to have reoccurring small cuts under glans penis with my partner having cheese like discharge?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
After sex with my current partner, both with and without a prophylactic (currently using a generic Durex variety pack), the glans penis area of my penis is inflamed and there has been a reoccurring small cut that appears under the glans penis in-between the head and shaft. Sex has become rather uncomfortable and sometimes painful. My girlfriend has had strange discharges that resemble cottage cheese. White substance etc. What could this possibly be?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 9 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Your partner seems to be having vaginal candidal infection( yeast infection). As it spreads through sexual contact, you have devloped candidal balanoposthitis too. In females it presents with cottage cheese or curdy discharge along with redness, itching and burning sensation in affected area. In males it presents as red itchy areas with whitish slough. It also leads to development of radial fissures or cuts over glans and prepuce. Now to treat the same, both of you should take medicines simultaneously and avoid sexual contact till cure is achieved. In my OPD I usually treat such cases by prescribing below mentioned medicines to both the partners Oral fluconazole 150 mg to be taken just once. Tablet cetrizine two times in a day Clotrimazole cream twice in a day over affected area. Sometimes if the area is very much red or inflammed one may mix hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole cream in equal quantities and apply twice daily. Usually the infection subsides in a week. If it does not then a second dose of fluconazole 150 mg should be taken. Also in females if infection is extensive, then sometimes clotrimazole vaginal pessaries are suggested. Hope this answered your query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor