Is it normal to have one tonsil bigger than other?

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

Thanks for asking, yes i went to the ENT specialist last week and as per him my mouth is absolutly fine, the only doubt i have is that my left tonsil is slightly big for the last 2-3 months.. sometime it reduce in size and then become big again. But as per the ENT Specialist this is normal in some people. So if you can also guide me about the big size of tonsil that would be a really be a help.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is common to have one tonsil bigger than other in some people .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX ,

Thanks for asking .

I have read your query and understand your concern.

In my opinion , it is common to have one tonsil bigger than other in some people . No need to concern about it .

If I were your treating Doctor for this case , I would advice
Use Antiseptic chlorhexidine Mouth Wash twice daily like Triguard &
Tab Vitamin C twice daily.

It will promote good oral hygiene & healing in oral cavity .

You will be fine .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist