Is it normal to have menstrual bleeding twice in a month after having Unwanted 72 pill?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Birth Control
Question: hello doctor i had sex with my fiance on lat saturday i.e. 16th may 2015 which was third day of my periods...then i took unwanted 72 a contraceptive pill after 6 hours.my periods were as usual lasted for three days....but now today on 10 th day again bleeding started...is it normal??
Answered by Dr. Soumya 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal to get periods after unwanted 72

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about unwanted 72 and periods again.

Following is my reply:

1) Taking unwanted 72 will cause periods again in a week.

2) Hence it is normal to have had periods again. Dont worry about it.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 18 minutes later
but it was the third day of my period when i took the pill....nd again a period within 7 days.....is it safe....means everything is normal na
Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Everything is normal

Detailed Answer:

These tablets contain progesterone hormones and hence make you get periods again though you took it on 3rd day.

Everything is normal and don't worry about it.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN