Is it normal to have facial pain along with sinusitis?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi ,
I bumped my head last Thursday I didn’t pass out no lumps or bruises or cuts.
I’ve been to A&E and been told I’ve got a mild concussion all my reflexes and pupil reactions were all normal.
My question is is it normal to have sinus pain and facial pain ?
It’s driving me mad .
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further examinations las are necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If you hit the face too some mild pain may be acceptable in one week or two.

If the pain is moderate to severe and there are other symptoms such sinus congestion, etc. there may be blood in sinuses and/ or fractured sinus bones.

In such case, an evaluation with a sinuses x-rays is necessary as the first step in understanding better your condition.

If any doubt raised from x-rays, CT scan of the head is necessary too.

If clear x-rays, you should not worry about and treatment with simple painkillers is sufficient.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana