Is it normal to experience small pupil of eye after laser procedure?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i just had laser procedure today for narrow angle glaucoma . the pupil of the eye that was treated is very small. Is this normal? Will this correct itself? Is this important/concern enough that I should have my doctor contacted? I am very reluctant to do this due to the time of night ( past midnight my time).
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
miotic pupil is normal

Detailed Answer:
My Dear,
Thanks for sending yourquery to us.
Small pupil is normal for this procedure. The pupil is made small so that laser can be done at the periphery of iris. Also in such glaucomas we try to keep pupil small so that it doesn't block the drainage angles.
Rest assured and do not worry and follow the instructions properly.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 33 hours later
HOw long should I expect to have a small pupil? It has been approx. 30 hours at this time...and still small.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What drugs are you using?

Detailed Answer:

Kindly list the drugs that you are still using for the lasered eye. There are a few drugs that are prescribed after laser treatment to control the eye pressure which make the pupil small.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T