Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Is it normal to discharge some amount of fluid before having sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Is it okay to discharge some amount of fluid before having sex or when arouse? I usually discharge fluid when i think about my past romantic life or if i am about to have sex.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 54 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
The thought of romance brings about some changes in the body and the most important, probably, is the vaginal secretions in women and similar fluid from the urethra and other XXXXXXX sex glands in men.
It prepares the body for the sexual act by aiding in lubrication to avoid dry sex and promote pleasure of the act.
It is absolutely normal and in fact very beneficial.
If the lubrication reduces, there may be necessity to use external lubricants to aid in the sexual act. I have mentioned this to help you understand the benefits of having the secretions.
Hope this helps. Pls do not hesitate to revert back for doubts if any.
Wishing you good health,


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor