Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Is it normal to be referred to a GI doctor for a liver hemangioma?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
Is it normal to be referred to a GI doctor for a liver hemangioma? It showed as normal during MRI w/out contrast, but atypical pattern with contrast. Also experiencing abdominal pain, which is what took me to my doctor to begin with.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the Query!

The GI system not only involves gastrointestinal system but also the liver along with gall bladder and pancreas also. The problem with liver is also dealt by the Gi doctor. The symptoms your are having is due to the liver disease and the GI doctor is appropriate for your further management.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor