Is it normal for the body temperature to drop after death?
The temperature corresponds to the time.
I read your question carefully and I am sorry if you have lost a loved one.
It is normal for the body temperature to drop after death until it reaches the temperature of the environment around it. This drop is a gradual one, it has been calculated by approximately 1.5°C for every hour.
So since normal human body temperature is around 37°C, that body temperature of 34°C would correspond to the supposed times of 2 hours (a 3°C drop).
I hope this was the answer you needed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Body changes after death
- Can marks appear on a body after death
- What causes the body to be cold after death
- The body after death
- A persons body after death heart attack
- Body swelling after death
- What causes the body to turn black after death
- Does a body still bleed after death
- Fluid coming from body after death
- Stages of body after death