Is it normal for testicles to change position?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: Hello,

Since 1 months my right testicule change of position, he's sometime horizontal. It does that when im having long sport session. I feel not pain.

My testicule was vertical before, i don't understand why it does that. I go to the urgentist one night afraid of
torsion but the doctor just say it's not fix in the scrotum. Now is more horizontale than vertical, depend of days...

Why my testicule isn't fix anymore, could it be because of strong effort?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
What you have is called brisk cremasteric reflex.
It is normally very active in the childhood.
The cremaster muscle, when active and contracted tends to pull the testis up and turn the lie as well.
It is also one of the theories behind torsion testis.
If you have access to medical care, you have the choice of waiting and go to the urgentist if and when pain occurs to get it fixed.
If there is no access to medical care in an emergency, it is better to get it fixed electively.
Wishing you good health---

REGARDS
Dr GS

Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
Thanks, i will go to the urologist to fix it next month, don't want to wait to feel pain.

Should i keep doing sport (bike/tenis) or is it a true risk of torsion? Can i do something when my testis is horizontal to move her vertical? Massage? Turn? .... ?

Hi
Welcome back.
You can do sports, but it is better not to exert too much.

When it lies horizontal, you may attempt manually to turn it vertical if you can without causing much pain.

Wishing you good health
DR GS