Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Is it normal for testicles to change position?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions

Since 1 months my right testicule change of position, he's sometime horizontal. It does that when im having long sport session. I feel not pain.

My testicule was vertical before, i don't understand why it does that. I go to the urgentist one night afraid of
torsion but the doctor just say it's not fix in the scrotum. Now is more horizontale than vertical, depend of days...

Why my testicule isn't fix anymore, could it be because of strong effort?
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
What you have is called brisk cremasteric reflex.
It is normally very active in the childhood.
The cremaster muscle, when active and contracted tends to pull the testis up and turn the lie as well.
It is also one of the theories behind torsion testis.
If you have access to medical care, you have the choice of waiting and go to the urgentist if and when pain occurs to get it fixed.
If there is no access to medical care in an emergency, it is better to get it fixed electively.
Wishing you good health---

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is it normal for testicles to change position? 9 hours later
Thanks, i will go to the urologist to fix it next month, don't want to wait to feel pain.

Should i keep doing sport (bike/tenis) or is it a true risk of torsion? Can i do something when my testis is horizontal to move her vertical? Massage? Turn? .... ?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome back.
You can do sports, but it is better not to exert too much.

When it lies horizontal, you may attempt manually to turn it vertical if you can without causing much pain.

Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor