Is it normal for sputum to be bloody with sinus infection?
In a sinus infection, it can be normal for sputum to be bloody.
In a sinus infection,it can be normal for sputum to be bloody.
This is caused by the inflammation of
the lining of sinuses which can cause bleeding.
So,it is as normal as it can be.
I suggest you to treat sinusitis,which can prevent bloody sputum.
Some advices that I can give to you are :
-take prescribed antibiotics, discuss with your doctor about this treatment
-use saline nasal sprays for relief
-gargle with salty water
Hope my answer was helpful.
If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.
General &Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus infection caused by serratia
- Sinus infection throwing up
- Pituitary gland and sinus infections
- Sinus infection bloody vaginal mucus
- Pseudomonas sinus infection
- Bronchitis sinus infection bloody stool
- Bloody snot with sinus infection
- Have diarrhea taking amoxicillin for sinus infection normal
- Is it normal for my tonsils and tongue to hurt with a sinus infection
- Bloody nose and sinus infection