Is it normal for fetus to show less activity after food intake?
Pregnancy should be continued till 36th completed weeks for better growth and development
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Normal amniotic fluid index (AFI) is 8-18. However, fluid index 9.1 is LOW normal.
2) Normal baby weight is 1.8 kg at 32 weeks. Your baby weight at 1.5 kg is LOWER than normal. Mother needs to take protein supplement (L-Arginine granule).
3) Baby moves in certain times like during eating, sleeping, listening music, some specific activity. Daily fetal movement count (DFMC) should be more than 10 in less than 24 hr.
In case of less movement for 1-2 days, you should consult with your treating doctor for check-up.
4) Mother needs to take 2 dose of Betamethasone (Betnesol) for lung maturity of the baby and to avoid respiratory distress in case of Preterm Labor.
5) Pregnancy should be continued till 36th completed weeks for better growth and development of the baby. However, baby needs special care or may require to admit in SNCU/ NICU in case of preterm delivery.
I suggest you to consult with her obstetrician for periodic check-up of mother's health and fetal well being.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish her good health and successful motherhood.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food improve fetus weight
- Food for fetus complexion
- Food for white complexion for fetus
- Food for colour improvement in fetus
- Fetus cant get food
- No cardiac activity in fetus after 5 weeks
- If upt positive but usg shows no fetus
- Burnt food hurt fetus
- Ultrasound shows feeble cardiac activity of fetus
- Cardiac activity of fetus and eltroxine