Is it necessary to wear stockings while walking or cycling?
I also understand that walking/cycling involves calf muscle pumping anyway which minimises need for stocking during exercise.
Do you have any suggestions about stockings when walking/cycling?
I would say go ahead and use the stockings during exercise!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this DVT you suffered and the resultant venous insufficiency. It is true that the muscles contract and pump blood during exercise> if you are absolutely confident that your legs never swell during exercise due to fluid pooling of blood in the lower limbs, I will say you may have a case to argue on. However, if you have swelling after exercises, then using the compressive stocking would be a great way to go.
Do you have any inconvenience using the stockings during exercise? If there are no strong reasons to kick against, I would recommend wearing them. I always prefer to play safe than being sorry. On this note, wearing the compressive stockings is playing safe. Remember DVT may prove fatal in an unfortunately even that it is not quickly diagnosed and managed correctly.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Masturbating while wearing a pad
- Heacache while wearing tampon
- Tired legs overweight wearing pressure stockings what could this be
- Numbness in knee after c-section taking clexane wearing ted stockings
- Erection while wearing a catheter
- Backache while wearing a tampon
- Anxiety while wearing a cast
- Dizzy while wearing tampon
- Tampon wear while peeing
- Wearing a heart monitor for a month is this really necessary