Is it necessary to visit the ER for flu-like symptoms, fever along with body pain, itchy eyes, and absence of diarrhea?
More details, please.
The fever is not very high but with these symptoms, you may have anything between a mild viral disease and a serious infection like pneumonia. More details are required for a better assessment. For example, tell about the rest of the symptoms you have like running nose, nasal congestion, cough, phlegm, headache, rigor (rattling teeth when trembling), etc.
Important signs include your heart rate, blood pressure and hemoglobin oxygen saturation (if feasible).
A very high heart rate (like 120 per minute for example), low blood pressure (less than 90-100mmHg for the systolic blood pressure) may indicate more serious illness. Confusion, faintness, etc are also signs of a serious disease.
If you only have fever without rigor and no sign of respiratory tract infection (cough, sneezing, running nose, etc) then a urinary tract infection is also possible.
In any case, if there is no clue about the involved system (respiratory, urinary, other) and particularly if there are worrisome signs (like a very fast heart rate) then a visit to the ER would be necessary.
I hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Body pain fever diarrhea nausea
- Severe body pain sensitive skin symptoms of flu or pneumonia
- Sudden body pain and fever
- Body pain and fever
- Extreme body pain and fever
- Body pain fever knee swelling prescribed anti-inflammatories symptoms of flu
- Diarhhea with fever and body pains
- Flu chills fever body pain back pain causes for symptoms
- Symptoms of chronic body pain
- Fever body pain chills feeling cold sweating coughing flu