Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is it necessary to undergo Stress Echo test if TMT test is positive?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Would like to know ,if the TMT test is +ve,I should be going through Stress Echo test.Which hospital would you recommend in Hyderabad for the same.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

     If TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) s positive, it is an indication for further work up – because at times, there may be false positive or false negatives. Coronary Artery Disease is not common in women and at this age - congenital anomalies may be responsible... The next step is TMT with thallium isotope. It is the ideal non-invasive way to evaluate ischemia / to assess the PHYSIOLOGY (function) – to see whether the blood arriving at the heart muscle.

Stress ECHO could show valves, wall motion anomalies and function (Ejection Fraction)...
CT angio is non-invasive study for the anatomy (structure).
Better option will be to see is to undergo catheterisation and coronary angiography. It is the only way to directly ‘see’ the block, if any – and its location, extent, severity and so on. Coronary arteriography is invasive but it is the gold standard for this.

Any Multi-speciality Tertiary care hospital will have the facility...Apollo, CARE are a few of them...Your treating doctor can guide you better...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is it necessary to undergo Stress Echo test if TMT test is positive? 29 minutes later
First time the TMT came +ve at Apollo Noida hospital and second time in Fortis,Noida.
Also at times my BP goes high upto 160/110.Would you be able to recommend a good doctor in Hyderabad,as I have recently shifted here and pretty new to the city.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later

I personally do not know one there - Hyderabad is a huge metropolis... / Search the services section of this site (Health Care Magic) or Google...
You need a cardiologist
A doctor near your house will be the best one for liaison and follow up.
A doctor attached to a Medical College or Multi Speciality Hospital is better...
You need further investigation / you need treatment - started empirically and modified based on test results...

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor