Is it necessary to take an antidepressant along with Isotretinoin?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Dear Doctor,

I am on isotretinoin 10mg as prescribed by my ( very XXXXXXX and experienced)dermatologist. I have a couple of concerns and will be grateful for your views.

1. Is it necessary to take an antidepressant along with isotetinoin? I have been prescribed celexa. I am not at all depressed and am not keen on having this drug as it makes me sleepy among other side effects.

2. Is it safe to undergo dermarolling during this treatment?

Thanks a lot, doc!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop antidepressant and can undergo dermaroller treatment

Detailed Answer:
hello. thank you for writing to me

I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern

It is not usual to prescribe an antidepressant with isotretinoin. I advice you to not take it. just continue with isotretinoin.

You can safely undergo dermaroller while on isotretinoin.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Thank you Doctor!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
thank you for writing to me