Is it necessary to seek medical attention for a dilated bile duct?
Please get LFT and send the Ultrasound Report.
Hello, Welcome to HCM..
I don't think CBD of 14 mm is normal by any standards. I presume it is a finding on an Ultrasound.
So please do send me that report. I suggest you get Liver function tests done specially ALP. Then see a Gastroenterologist.
You might require a CECT Abdomen or an MRI, actually MRCP. To know the cause of the same.
But let us start with LFTs and see the specialist or let me know.
Do not worry, first let's see whether it's physiological dilatation or due to some other reason.
Take care and do let me know if you have any questions about this.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should i seek medical attention for food poisoning
- Mildly dilated bile duct
- Treatment of bile duct dilation
- Should i seek medical attention
- Mild dilated bile duct
- Common bile duct dilation
- Seeking medical attention urinary analyze
- Causes of bile duct dilatation
- Dilated common bile duct causes
- Should i seek medical attention for gripey stomach