Is it necessary to have an exterminator treat indoors of our house for black widow spider bites?
My tenant just showed me his arm. He has a nickle sized blistered area on his forearm surround by an encircled reddened are 3" across that the ER doc said is either a Black Widow, or Brown Recluse spider bite. They are treating him with antibiotics for MRSA (?), and he will see his family dr. in two hours.
My question is, "Do we need to have an exterminator treat the indoors or outdoors areas of our house?
Hi and thanks for your query.
Black widow spider will produce a very painful lump. Brown recluse spider will cause skin necrosis. Your tenants swelling looks like brown recluse spider bite and is more dangerous.
To be on safer side, an exterminator should be employed. In both cases it is justified.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How do you treat a brown recluse spider bite
- How to treat a spider bite on my eyelid
- Spider bite body temperature
- How to treat spider bites
- Gentamicin for spider bite
- Can celestamine treat spider bites
- Balck widow spider bites and endocarditis
- Southern house spider bite
- How to treat a lump similar to a spider bite
- Spider bite red with black center