Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Is it necessary to go for elective surgery for sinus bradycardia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
I had an EKG for elective surgery, it cam back Sinus bradycardia Poor R Wave progression Consider inferior myocardial ,age indeterminate What does it mean am I ok to go ahead with the elective surgery?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: More cardiac exams needed, go ahead with surgery.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX. I read your query and understood your concern. The ECG report shows possible signs of myocardial ischemia. However an abnormal ECG doesn't always signify the presence of disease. Unfortunately you can not go ahead with the elective surgery, because you have to run more examinations to rule out any cardiac problems. If i was your treating doctor i would suggest to run the following examinations: - Heart ECHO - Holter monitoring - Stress test. After running this exams than you can go on with the elective surgery. Hope i answered to your query. Dr. Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor