question-icon

Is it harmful to give one extra dose of antibiotic?

Posted on Thu, 6 Mar 2014
Question: hi Accidentally taking one extra dose of antibiotic.... ,my daughter drink every 8 hours two 5ml dose amoxicillin(two small spoon),but accidentally i give after 4 hours again same dose,what can happen??...please answer me i to much worry...thanks
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D (10 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello Mrs XXXX Please stop worrying, one extra dose of amoxycillin to your daughter will not cause any harm. It is alright. Next dose should be given 8 hours after this extra dose, that is all. Amoxyxillin is a safe drug, so please stop worrying, you r daughter will be fine. Hope this helps you, please write back if you have any doubts. Kind regards.
Dr. Yogesh D