Is it beneficial to take probiotics. If so, what is

Question
Is it beneficial to take probiotics. If so, what is the appropriate quantity to take for preventive purposes? Can I get it through supplements ? if so which would you recommend?
Thu, 1 Feb 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probiotics with indication

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Probiotics can be prescribed if there is a specific indiaction such as restoration of intestinal flora after antibiotics treatment or prevention of vulvovaginal candidiasis.

If gastroenteritis was treated and the diarrhea persists then Probiotics can be advised.

Taking it regularly on a long term without any indication is not recommended.

Let me know if you have any query

wishing you best of health

Thanks