Is it alright to exercise while suffering from PACs?
Also one other thing is I notice a lot of my etopic beats are connected with eating food as well. I feel some indigestion or bloating and then the etopic will start. Are these caused by the vagus nerve? My cardiologist says my etopic do not originate from my heart but I do not know what this means
My echocardiogram showed a structurally normal heart and I passed my stress test with no etopic beats.
Can exercise safely...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
As long as no PAC wasn't noted during stress test, then, you can safely exercise.
Your PAC is triggered by anxiety and stomach issues.
On the other hand, exercise will help control anxiety, improve your exercising ability and consequently PAC. That's why we call physical activity among non-drug treatment.
All the best!
Following answer to your query...
There are different mechanisms for ectopic beats, but one of the principal mechanism is as explained below:
During the bradycardia the rate of atrial sinus (normal rhythm) is very low and this permit silent triggered area inside atria to be activated and to fire ectopic beats.
This is why you first experience bradycardia and the feeling of a lump in your throat, that is followed by ectopic beats. Right after ectopic beats due to anxiety that follow arrhythmia you will experience tachycardia.
Hope this will clarify your thoughts.
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had amputated percussion breaks in spine. Dealing with chronic pain....
- Took valtrex and vitimans B complex for shingles. Pain in temple,...
- Why is the heart beating rapidly only at night?
- Have cold sweats, nausea, dizziness and elevated blood pressure. On BP...
- Experiencing dizziness. Blood pressure 143/80. Do not get enough sleep....
- Should I be worried about a pulse reading of 103?
- Taking metformin. Getting swollen lymph nodes. Suggest medication?
- History of heart attack. Having ventricular premature beat. Will I get...
- Diagnosed with gastritis and hernia. No improvement with prevacid. What...
- Feel like blood is not circulating in legs. Which specialist should I see?