Is it advised to take tentex forte for premature ejaculation?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: I saw an add from Himalaya (Tentex Forte) for pre meatured ejaculation , is it worth taking this capsule. If yes what should be the amount of dosage ( Im 28 year old and recently married)
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 26 minutes later

Thanks for using health care magic for asking your query.

You have stated that you have a condition called Pre-Mature ejaculation, which is a condition where-in you tend to ejaculate or attain an orgasm before both the partners are satisfied. There are multiple reasons for such a problem, and the most common reason is an apprehension and anxiety about the sexual performance. Especially in Indian patients where we are not much exposed to sexual content and have many myths about the sexual act, this cause becomes all the more important.

As you are recently married, such problems are very common during the initial days of the marriage and you should not consider it as some kind of disease. If you wife is co-operative, its best to discuss the issue with her and take some time while the problem settles by its own.

Now coming to your specific query about Tentex forte, it is a Himalaya preparation, meant for strengthening of erection and maintenance of erection. It is usually taken as 2 tablets twice daily, but not exactly for premature ejaculation. Hence this drug may not be helpful in your case.

What I would suggest is involve yourself in foreplay before the actual sexual act and delay the actual act as much as you can do. The other procedure which can help is withdrawing the penis or compress it at the moment when you feel the first sensation of orgasm.

If this problem still doesn't resolve, there are some Allopathic medications which can help. These medications belong to the class of SSRI's and named as Paroxetine or Dapoxetine. This medication and primarily antidepressants but prolong the sexual period and help in improving the condition.

Please take your wife into confidence and you should wait a bit more before your anxiety comes down and then your sexual performance will get better.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later

Hello Doctor first of all thanks for the reply. I have last one query about the medicine you suggested. (Paroxetine or Dapoxetine) what should be the dosage of this medicine and when we have to consume this medicine (Time and duration)
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later

The drugs (Paroxetine or Dapoxetine) are psychotropic medications and unfortunately they are not allowed to be taken over the counter. They are generally available from 5mg to 25mg dose which can be taken at bed time. However the exact dose and frequency of these drugs needed in your case is decided after a physical consultation with a doctor - psychiatrist/urologist. Therefore I would advise you to visit a psychiatrist nearby. He/she can prescribe the drug in proper dosage to you along with a prescription.

But I still insist that you should wait and delay taking these drugs for a few more days and let natural events take their own time.

Hope I am able to solve your concerns. If you have any further questions, you can let me know.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health...