Is it advisable to undergo ultrasound treatment for calcium deposits on tendons of shoulder?
This is not a standard treatment
I have studied your case and I see lots of patients with calcific tendinitis in my day to day practice. Needle aspiration technique used in some centres but it is not ideal or standard treatment because calcium deposit is some time too thick for aspiration. Recurrence rate is also very high.
I would recommend you to get Arthroscopy assisted treatment which is also requires very small incision and it is permanent cure. It is easily available at all tertiary care hospital.
You need to contract orthopaedic department. I do not anybody personally to recommend you. Let me know if you have any other query regarding this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound treatment for arthritis
- Calcium deposit on liver of fetus in ultrasound
- Enlarged thyroid treatment ultrasound
- Ultrasound treatment for bursitis
- Ultrasound treatment for costochondritis
- Ultrasound treatment for tennis elbow
- Ultrasound treatment for tooth abcess
- Ultrasound shoulder treatment
- Ultrasound treatment for peyronie's disease
- Cerebellum degeneration ultrasound treatment