Is it advisable to travel in the first month of pregnancy?

Question
Hi Doctor,
Me and my husband are planning for a trip to XXXXXXX by AC Volvo in end of July. My periods for this month are delayed, and I am hoping that I might got pregnant, although if would be , than we have to travel in first month of pregnancy. Will it be fine?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
First do a urine pregnancy test and see for results.
In case test is positive it is advisable not to travel and that too in a hilly terrain.
It is not safe to do so.
In XXXXXXX you have other questions I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Is it advisable to travel in the first month of pregnancy? 1 minute later
I had done Preganews strip test and that is positive. So your advice would be to cancel the trip.I daily travel to XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX 2 hrs in cab. Do you think that is also an issue

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cancel the trip.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, yes you should cancel your trip to XXXXXXX this time.
Avoid lifting heavy weight like a bucket full of water or pile of clothes etc for at leady 3 months.
Daily travel in cab in XXXXXXX and NCR region is not an issue and is safe.
Wish you the best of health and may god bless you with a healthy baby.

Follow-up: Is it advisable to travel in the first month of pregnancy? 14 minutes later
Hello Doctor!
Just for my curiosity, why hilly terrains are avoided. You are not advising, even if I just want a break, no adventure, just sitting in hotel and relax.
Does hilly terrain affects health of baby? Can you add some more detail. Its a request please
I stay with my in laws and wanted some break from long :(

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no direct harm

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, I totally understand your condition.
In that case you can go and relax but taking care that you are not walking uphill there and in case needed then not more than 100 meters in one time.
Take a hotel with lift from mall road itself and not very far away so that you can do up down twice or thrice a day for meals or otherwise.
There is no direct harm to the baby or your health while going to a hilly terrain.
Its just that any strenuous activity is avoided in first 3 months of pregnancy.
In case you have other questions you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain