Is it advisable to take Keflex with Metformin?
Keflex when taken with metformin can reduce blood sugar to below normal
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Keflex (cephalexin) might interact with metformin and lower the blood sugar levels below normal.
2. Therefore please talk to your doctor and be aware because you might require dose adjustment of metformin and monitor your blood sugar level to make sure it is in the normal range.
3. Similarly glipizide interacts with Zoloft (sertraline) and lowers the blood sugar level.
4. Omeprazole also increases the level of simvastatin and increases the effects of simvastatin.
5. Please discuss your medications with your doctor and get dose adjustments made where required to avoid side effects.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever after taking keflex c section
- Can i take keflex for chronic prostate pain ?
- Taking paxil and keflex
- Can i take keflex for infection, soft tissue ?
- Can i take ibuprofen with keflex
- Taking keflex while pregnant
- Fever after childbirth taking keflex antibiotics needed
- Is it advisable to take metformin prior to hsg test
- Is metformin not advisable to take prior to hsg test
- Taking keflex for uti having swollen gland suggestions
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...