Is it advisable to take Fosamax after suffering from a broken foot?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Jul 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am 75 y.o.and have osteoporosis I took fosamax 5 years /2000-2005/. After that I had problem with my
XXXXXXX bone and I did stop to take it. I took VITAMIN CODE GROW BONE with strontium.exercised and it did
increase my bone density. It was 8 years ago. How I broke my foot and after having the test my doctor
tell me I need to take fosamax again. My quastens are : 1. Should I start take fosamax again?
2. IS IT O"K TO TAKE VITAMIN CODE GROW BONE TOGETHER with fosamax?
,Thank you XXXX .
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you need to take Fosamax again.

Detailed Answer:
Osteoporosis is an age related disorder. The bone density decreases again with age once it is treated. 10 years after treatment with fosamax, you may need to have the treatment again. Do start with the treatment with fosamax as advised by your doctor. You can also start taking strontium supplement - code grow bone along with it to have a better response to treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal