Is it advisable to take Cyclopam for flatulence and heartburn?
I won't suggest you to give dicyclomine regularly
Thanks for the query
Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic and should be avoided in infants below 6 months of age.
There are few studies which shows that it can be given in particular condition under caution.
It's regular use can cause various side effects like dryness of mouth, lethargy,increased heart rate, loose stool etc.
Colicaid is considered to be much safer than dicyclomine.
The persistent crying can be due to reflux.I would suggest you to give lansoprazole to prevent reflux.
Rocking the baby gently while crying or putting warm rubber bag over the abdomen provides some relief.
It has been assumed that the baby cries due to the colic but it is not proved and there are also much debate over the management.
If the baby is breast fed continue it.If she is top fed changing the formula feed can also give some relief.
I would suggest you to avoid the use of dicyclomine and if needed you can give under physicians supervision but not regularly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heartburn while taking beyaz
- Have acidity gas belching flatulence not taking medication
- Can i take maalox anti gas for flatulence ?
- Heartburn while taking antibiotics
- Heartburn while taking flucloxacillin
- Nausea dizzyness flatulence heartburn
- Smelly flatulence causes of flatulence
- Heartburn while taking penicillin
- Flatulence abdominal pain signs after taking postinor
- Valium to take away heartburn