Is it advisable to start solid food for an infant of 6 months?
you can start no problem
Thanks for writing to us.
Six months is the ideal time for starting weaning foods.
I usually recommend boiled vegetables and fruits like boiled apple as the first weaning food.
You can also start cereals and pulses like cerelac or rice gruel once or twice a day.
Don't delay starting weaning foods for head control.
You need to give him nutrition as breastfeeding alone cannot meet his demands after 6 months.
Continue breastfeeding along with solids. Worldwide it is recommended to breastfeed upto 2 years but slowly decrease breastfeeding frequency and increase solid frequency.
Example: 6 to 8 months Two semi solid feeds per day
8 to 10 months 4 semi solid feeds per day.
After that 6 solid feeds per day.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recommended 4months baby solid food g6pd positive
- Food chart for starting solid food for baby
- My baby 51 2 month old i started giving solids
- 3 month infant with solid black stools
- What solid foods to introduce for 35 month old child
- Semi solid food like cerilac for infants
- 6th month start in baby food
- 18 month old not interested in solid food any suggestion
- Food advisable to eat for g6pd infants
- How much solid food should i feed four month baby