Is it advisable to give Sioplex L syrup and R B Tone kid syrup to a child who is underweight?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 in Child Health
Question: Sioplex L and R B Tone kid Suggested for 5year kids because he is poor eater ? Is it useful and safe ? He’s height 43” weight 14.800 boy
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pediatrician and Nutritionist.

Detailed Answer:

What is the weight? Is it 14.8 kg? If so, he is underweight. There are high chances of malnutrition. Is he clear from all diseases? Did you consult a Pediatrician or kids' doctor? Did you consult a pediatric nutritionist?

Sioplex L is Vitamin B1 and B2 supplement. It may be useful if the kid is deficient, but it's safe. Similarly R B Tone kid syrup is only supplemented for food and does not improve the eating ability or improve appetite grossly. Both of them are marginal advantage.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 11 hours later
He is fine no issue With health, very active running, cycling, good always playing while lunch/dinner also. Any suggestions for improve appetite. He was picky eater but eats little every items, please suggest we very thankful to you
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tips

Detailed Answer:

You can give him vegetable soups and chicken soups 1/2 hr before food time as it stimulates appetite during meal time. Give solid foods during meal time and no liquids at all during meal timings.
You can give Syrup Apetamin thrice a day before food.

Check his hemoglobin level and iron level. If they are low you can concentrate on meat and poultry. Deworming also helps in this age group to absorb better nutrients.

Hope I have answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 15 hours later
Hello Dr , we are XXXXXXX vegetarian, generally how much time / month give aapetamine for seen results ? What will be dose size and timing ? My GP suggested sioplex l and r b tone for 2.5 month. What is u r opinion in above syrup any useful this?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
One month to 2 months

Detailed Answer:

You can try Apetamine for a month to see appetite improve, may take 2 months XXXXXXX You can take Sioplex and RB tone along with Apetamine. They are just supplements as I said.Vegetarians can prefer tomato soup or veg soups.

Dr. Suma Parinam,