Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it Ok to try for conception with a boil on skin of penis with possible blood discharge ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
I have noticed a boil on my skin of the penis. It does not pain but definitely I can feel a small lump. Last night i noticed a small drop of blood(hardly a drop but looked like it is fresh wound). Is it ok to go for conception with this condition?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

If the boil that you are having are not associated with any kind of pain or discharge then it might be due to friction or fungal infection. You can apply a local antiseptic and antifungal ointment to have relief.

Other possibilities are-
1.Dermatitis- caused by infections, allergies, and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams).Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.
When become white headed, it may indicate a secondary bacterial infection and formation of pus.

2.Herpes simplex - Genital herpes is a very common disease caused by herpes virus type2. It results in small, very painful blisters (fluid is inside the lesion), genital irritation, itching, they burst into the sores turns into crust, that scab
and heal in about 3 weeks.

Special tests include:
Blood tests, Microscopic examination of tissue scrap from lesions, Viral cell culture test

Direct clinical examination is essential to rule out the above conditions.

You can wait for sometime till it resolves before indulging in sexual activities as the infection will be transmitted to your partner also.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor